Saturday, July 10, 2010

I Want to SCREAM!

Alright, I'm so frustrated right now I want to scream. But then if I scream I'll wake up my toddler from her nap and that will just frustrate me even more, so I'll resort to venting through my much neglected blog. And the best part is if you don't want to listen, you don't have to continue reading, LOL.

I'm 34.5 weeks pregnant and what are we doing, we're trying to pick out paint colors for the kitchen, dining room, family room, master bedroom and master bathroom. And it feels like we're going round and round and getting nowhere.

On Saturdays the paint store closes at 2PM. So my husband had planned to get up around 10AM go pick up a few sample cans of colors we discussed last night so we could get them on the walls, choose the one we liked best and buy paint. Let me pause to say that I wanted our bedroom painted months ago. I emphasized to him that it would mean a lot to return from having the baby to a retreat, a freshly painted room with our new comforter and two new lamps, a place where I could relax and recover. Let me follow this up by saying in a house that's only 1600 square feet with a toddler running around, two large dogs, a husband and a newborn that I'm fully aware, regardless of the room makeover, a "retreat" will not exist anywhere in a house this small.

However, a new look in our room would make me feel better since our current walls are white with chipping paint, a comforter has seen the last of its days and our lamps don't match or get the job done.

But my husband doesn't get to the paint store until 1:15, leaving only enough time to buy the samples. So when he returned home with more paint swatches and samples of colors we hadn't discussed, none of the colors we'd chosen and on his own had moved from the browns and grays we were considering to purples....I really wanted to scream or throw something. Purple, in our kitchen? Seriously, what is he thinking?

So we have 4-5 weekends left before the baby if we're lucky and we're just spinning our wheels. He wants to park on the couch and watch movies all day and I want to see things getting done so there's less to do later.

2 comments:

  1. oh huge hugs, let me know if you need me to come over and light a fire under his butt! :D

    remember N and I offered to come over and paint for him, so if you get fed up enough, just give one of us a call, and we can get it all done before he gets home from work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your newest follow from Tuesday Follows. Hope to see you at Dropped Stitches!

    xo Erin
    droppedstitches72.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete